Tradiesonline.com.au manages the information that We collect from you in accordance with all applicable privacy legislation in Australia.
1. Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
Tradiesonline.com.au provides a unique, innovative, community-based online outsourcing service. A failure by you to provide information requested by us may mean that We are unable to provide some or all of our services to you.
Tradiesonline.com.au collects personal information when you register with tradiesonline.com.au. This may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, phone number, contact details, birth date, gender, credit card and account details, occupation and interests. We might also give you the option of providing a photo or video to be associated with your tradiesonline.com.au user ID. If your personal details change, it is your responsibility to update your tradiesonline.com.au account with those changes, so that We can keep our records complete, accurate and up to date.
You are not anonymous to us when you log into the Site or post any content (including tasks, items to be supplied, bids, comments or feedback) on the Site or any associated forum. To enable us to improve our existing services and to create new service features, tradiesonline.com.au may collect, and share with other users and service providers on tradiesonline.com.au, information about the way you use our services, including (but not limited to) the transactions you enter into on the Site, your feedback rating (including any references requested using our ‘Reference’ feature), the bids you make, the comments you post, and the transactions you enter into with our valued affiliate service providers.
• use the Site to post your details, or submit a job, or comment on or provide feedback on other users; or
• otherwise communicate in a public forum on the Site,
your user ID and all the material that you post is visible to other tradiesonline.com.au users and is also publicly available to other internet users. We strongly encourage you to use caution and discretion when posting. Tradiesonline.com.au does not in any way control, and does not accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever for, the disclosure or use of personal information which is voluntarily posted by you in any publicly accessible area of the Site.
In addition to data collected from your submissions, we may also collect data on your internet behavior from Facebook, other social media sites, and other services. If you use a location- enabled tradiesonline.com.au service, Tradiesonline.com.au may use the information collected by it to provide the tradiesonline.com.au Services, including (but not limited to):
• identification and authentication;
• to protect tradiesonline.com.au and the users of the Site;
• to customise the content and any advertising displayed on the Site;
• to provide, maintain, protect and improve our services;
• providing your information to a user with whom you have or had a contract facilitated by tradiesonline.com.au;
• as required by law, order of a court, tribunal or regulator or if tradiesonline.com.au reasonably believes that the use or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary for enforcement related activities;
• to develop new service features;
• to ensure that tradiesonline.com.au receives payment of the fees due to it;
• to contact you (for example, to inform you about upcoming changes or improvements to our services);
• to conduct research;
• to permit content on the Site (such as postings or third party advertisements) to be targeted, on an aggregate basis, to the users for whom it is most likely to be relevant;
• to expand our user base;
• to develop our relationships with affiliate service providers;
• to provide or arrange internal or external verification services obtained by you via the Site; and
• to generate data reports on an aggregated, non-personally identifiable basis, for both internal and third party use, but subject to any applicable laws (for example, We may show advertisers or investors trends relating to the general use of tradiesonline.com.au’s services).
Your contact information may also be used for accounting, invoicing and billing purposes, marketing purposes, by third party service providers to tradiesonline.com.au, and to respond to any enquiry you make, in some cases information we collect is transferred overseas. When you contact tradiesonline.com.au, We may keep a record of the communication(s) between you and tradiesonline.com.au to help resolve any issues you might have. If other user(s) of the Site already have your userID (or other information identifying you), and you have chosen to upload a photo or other personal information to your tradiesonline.com.au account, We may show those user(s) that personal information.
In certain circumstances We will use your email address to administer our User Agreement (for example, We may notify you of a breach, or action a request for a Take Down Notice in response to a claim of copyright infringement).
If We collect, use or disclose any information from you that is not personal information, but is sensitive information (such as information relating to police checks conducted on users of the Site), then We will seek consent directly from you each time we collect, use or disclose your sensitive information, including for direct marketing purposes. We will not use or disclose your sensitive information for any other purpose unless the purpose is directly related to the primary purpose for which your sensitive information was collected.
2. Protecting and Maintaining Personal Information
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. We will take all reasonable steps to protect the information We hold about you from unauthorized access, use and disclosure, however We cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information, or that our systems will be completely free from third party interception or are incorruptible from viruses. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you send from your computer to us over the Internet will be protected by any form of encryption (encoding software). In light of this, We cannot and do not ensure or warrant the security or privacy of your personal information, including payment and account details. You transmit your personal information to us at your own risk.
You are entirely responsible for maintaining the security of your passwords and/or account information.
3. Third Parties
Third-party vendors, including Google, may show tradiesonline.com.au ads on sites across the Internet.
When you register on the Site you may be given the opportunity to elect (“opt-in”) to receive updates on our latest services, news and special offers, and those of our valued affiliate service providers (“Marketing Material”), via your tradiesonline.com.au account, personal e-mail address, post or telephone. If you conclude a transaction on the Site, you may also be given the opportunity to opt- in to receive Marketing Material from tradiesonline.com.au and our valued affiliate service providers.
Once you opt-in to receive Marketing Material, You may, at any time, opt-out of receiving Marketing Material. To opt-out go to the ‘Manage Account’ link on the Site, choose ‘Settings’, then ‘Alerts’ and update your preferences. You can also click on the “unsubscribe” link in any email containing Marketing Material that We send you, or you can request an opt-out by emailing tradiesonline.com.au using the contact information provided on the Site. If you no longer consent to receiving Marketing Material then you must opt-out in one of these ways.
tradiesonline.com.au uses Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. Using the Ads Settings in a personal Google account, visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.
Marketing tradiesonline.com.au and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to the tradiesonline.com.au website.
Using the Ads Settings in a personal Google account, visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.
5. Administrative Communications
Tradiesonline.com.au reserves the right to send you administrative and account-related messages that you may not opt-out of. To cease all communications to you from tradiesonline.com.au you must close down your tradiesonline.com.au account.
6. Accessing Personal Information
We will allow you, at any time, to access, edit, update and/ or delete the personal information that We hold about you, unless:
• We are legally permitted or required to deny you access to, and/ or to retain, the information; or
• you make request(s) that are unreasonably repetitive, require tradiesonline.com.au to make a disproportionate technical effort (for example, to develop an entirely new system), risk the privacy of others, or would be highly impractical to comply with.
If you wish to access the personal information We hold about you, or to delete your tradiesonline.com.au account, you should contact tradiesonline.com.au using the contact information provided at support.tradiesonline.com.au
We need to prevent information in our systems from being accidentally or maliciously destroyed. This means that, where you delete information from our services, residual copies of that information on our active servers, as well as any corresponding information on our back-up systems, may not be immediately deleted.